Buckwheat and Apple Muesli
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 apple
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup buckwheat, sprouted and dried
- 1/4 cup activated almonds
- 1/4 cup actiated sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut chips or shreds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sultanas or raisins
Nut milk or milk kefir or yoghurt, and fresh fruit
- Squeeze lemon juice into a large bowl. Grate apple into the bowl and mix with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a food processor, pulse dates with water and vanilla essence until roughly chopped.
- Add buckwheat, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut chips and cinnamon and continue to pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture into bowl with grated apple, add sultanas and stir to combine.
- Serve as is or with nut milk, milk kefir or yoghurt and fresh fruit on top.