Foods to Cleanse, Heal and Restore the Liver
Foods to Eat to Cleanse, Heal and Restore Liver
As mentioned on my radio show, Healthy Options, 12 June 2021, on FreshFM.net or 104.8 if you're in Nelson, NZ
- Apples - provide an active living water that hydrates and supports the liver. They also starve bacteria, yeasts and mould in the GI and liver. Eat 1-2 apples a day for best effect.
- Artichokes - (Jerusalem) contain many chemicals that neutralise toxins in the liver and help it screen and filter your blood.
- Asparagus – cleanses, detoxifies and soothes the liver
- Bananas - the fructose in them provide a quick fuel source and are soothing to the GI tract.
- Berries - certain cells in the liver known as Kuppfer cells, need antioxidants that berries can provide, especially wild blueberries. Raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are all powerful healing foods for the liver
- Brussels Sprouts – and other cruciferous vegetables are an ultimate liver cleansing food due to their sulphur that helps to expel poisons and pathogens.
- Celery – The cluster salts in this vegetable protect the liver cell membranes, take out the viruses and bind onto free floating poisons. Drinking 500 mls pure celery juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is a powerful way to cleanse the liver.Start with a smaller amount and work up to 500mls
- Coriander – a great liver cleanser. It binds to the heavy metals in your liver and safely removes them.
- Cranberries - do many good things, among them, deep cleansing and kill pathogens
- Cucumbers – cleanse the liver and provide a good supply of hydrating liver water.
- Dandelion greens – (bitter) trigger a squeezing action in liver that helps to release toxins.
- Lemons and limes – improve hydrochloric acid in the stomach, cleanse fatty livers and help to dissolve gallstones.
- Melons – a very powerful cleansing food and hydrating for the liver. Eat them early in the day and on their own, not with other foods.
- Peaches – remove deep poisons, debris and putrefied food in the small intestine which helps the liver heal.
- Oranges and tangerines – provide a good source of calcium and Vitamin C which the liver uses.
- Raw Honey – contains simple sugars that the liver needs plus minerals, vitamins and nutrients that are restorative
- Spinach – helps the liver to receive Vit B12 better
- Tomatoes – harnesses critical phytochemicals, micronutrients, vitamin and minerals that support the liver. Helps to dissolve gallstones.
- Wild Blueberries – have pigments that reverse liver damage
Supplements to support liver health
- Ashwaganda strengthens the adrenal glands
- Barleygrass juice powder – contains phytonutrients that feed an undernourished liver while allowing it to detoxify.
- Vit B12 - with adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin are critical for the liver and most of us are deficient in it. Sublingual drops are available, also tablets
- Burdock root is very helpful and it purges the liver deeply. Make a tea with the dried roots
- Cat’s Claw – kills off pathogens and viruses in the liver
- Enzyme CoQ10 is a great antioxidant for the liver
- Goldenseal – kills pathogens including strep
- Hibiscus – helps bring the liver back to life
- Lemon Balm kills pathogens and bacteria and calms liver and nerves helping it to relax which enables cleansing
- Licorice root - tea and tincture is good for liver
- Spirulina – pulls out toxic heavy metals in liver
- Vit C – strengthens the liver’s immune system. It’s used in all of the 2000 chemical functions
- Zinc – plays a critical role in all of the 2000 chemical function
These are some of the books I recommend