Middle Eastern Lunch with Fresh Greens
Serves 1 person
- 1/2 cup leftover bulgur wheat 'cooked' (it's soaked in boiling water with the addition of a little coconut oil.
- 1/2 preserved lemon (centre pulp discarded)
- 12 toasted almonds, chopped (or pistachios)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion (chop first then measure)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest for garnish or chop finely and mix in with other ingredients
- 1-2 tbsp raisins (soak first with hot water for 20 - 30 mins)
- Small handful of chopped greens. rocket, spinach, baby cos lettuce, etc
- Fresh herbs - whatever you like and have in your garden. Sprinkle some on top for garnish
- S & P to taste
Soak raisins for 20 - 30 mins. Chop onion, scrape out pulp from preserved lemon. Collect greens from garden, wash and dry.
Place bulgur in a small mixing bowl. (Use leftover bulgur from night before) or make fresh and cool. Add all other ingredients. Season to your taste. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a few drops of olive oil for extra flavour.
Stir to mix well.
Garnish with lemon zest and fresh herb sprigs.