Raw Carrot Cake with Creamy Icing
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake – Serves 8
- 2 cups carrot pulp or whole carrots chopped into chunks
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, soaked 6+ hours, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 apple, cored and cut into medium size pieces
- 1 small chunk of fresh ginger
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Place the chunks of apple into the food processor. Chop till coarse bits. Be careful not to over process. If using carrot chunks add with the apple now.
Add the carrot pulp along with all the rest of the cake ingredients. Pulse until it becomes a coarse sticky mix. Don’t over process.
Line a baking dish or muffin pans with baking paper or plastic wrap. Press the cake mixture evenly into the dish, then spread the icing generously on top.
Freeze for about one hour. Let it sit for about 25 minutes at room temperature before eating. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and voila !
- 1¼ cups cashews, soaked 4 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 of 1 young coconut meat
- 1/4 cup cacao butter gently melted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) water (approx)
In a high-speed blender, blend all the above icing ingredients, except water. Add enough water to make it creamy. Pour into a small bowl and set aside