Raw Green Hummus
Equipment: Blender or Food Processor, Medium Bowl with lid to store
- ½ cup organic sprouted chick peas or a 400gm can (also called garbanzo beans)
- (Sprout in the usual way for 2-3 days)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon good salt (himalayan pink or celtic sea)
- 1-3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon green powder eg spirulina or wheatgrass or a mixture
- 1 handful fresh salad greens of your choice
Put all the ingredients into a processor and blitz away till you have it the consistency you prefer, smooth or chunky.
You can also add a good handful of washed destalked fresh greens eg kale, spinach, parsley, thyme, cos lettuce, rocket, or some edible weeds of your choice.
If you’re used to eating a lot of greens, add more or if you’re starting out with them put in less and increase as you get used to the taste.
Serve with sunflower crackers or any raw crackers you like.