Raw Xmas Cake with carrots
- 200g Medjool dates, stoned
- 100g mixed dried fruit
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 200g nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazils, pecans)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 carrots, grated (or use apples)
For the raw marzipan –
- 200g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds to decorate
How to do it . . . . .
- Place the dates, dried fruit, almond butter, nuts, spices, orange zest and vanilla in a food processor or powerful blender and whizz up for a good minute to allow all the ingredients to break down and come together.
- Add the grated carrots and whizz again to combine.
- Remove the mixture and divide into 10-12, rolling each into a ball and placing on a lined baking sheet/tray or large tupperware box. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile make the marzipan: Simply mix the ingredients together to form a dough-like consistency.
- Remove the base mixture and spread a layer of this evenly over the top – I used my fingers! Return to the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Pop out of the freezer and slice into squares. Decorate each with a few cranberries and pumpkin seeds – now enjoy straight away!